BraveMind

For active thinkers and doers. Beyond Right VS. Left We explore GOOD VS. EVIL. Morality, Religion/Spirituality, Applied philosophy. Living Truth and Love in the post-Eden era. Creating and maintaining eternal God-Centered relationships...Saving the world one family at a time...if you have the time, Tribal Messiahship 101.

Thursday, May 26, 2005

A Goldmine of Quotes

Greeetings,
I am Greg Bowman and this is my opening day with my first Web Log. I want to start by sharing my latest passion: The works of G.K. Chesterson. A fearless yet lovable writer/artist that has some been ommitted from most public schools. The link is: http://www.chesterton.org/index.html. I especially enjoyed his "quotes" section.

Who am I? I am a Husband,Father, and Patriot. I am currently applying for addmission into a Master of Arts in Teaching program in Oregon. I plan to teach 12-18 year-old Talented And Gifted (TAG) students. I have broad interests and am concerned about the future of America and the world. I believe that most of us fall into one of two catagories:

1.We seek to leave the world a better place than we found it.
2.We seek personal advantage above all else.

The truely wise manage to do Good while doing well.

Grace your way,
Greg Bowman

2 Comments:

At 10:31 PM, Blogger Greg said...

Hi there,

Lord Bolingbroke, who was an 18th century political philosopher, said that history is philosophy taught with examples.

The most honest approach to discussions of "News",Politics, or religion is openly admit ones bias rather than fein objectivity.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Greg said...

I found another remarkably relavent quote:


"Religious liberty might be supposed to mean that everybody is free to discuss religion. In practice it means that hardly anybody is allowed to mention it."
G.K.Chesterton Autobiography

 

Post a Comment

<< Home